Writing Center Home
Clear and effective writing is a fundamental skill for any successful lawyer. A lawyer’s primary goal is to communicate, and a lawyer most often communicates through writing. The Law School’s Writing Center gives students the opportunity to develop clear and effective writing skills and strategies they will need in classes and in practice.
Writing Specialist Hadley Van Vactor Kroll works one-on-one with students to assess and diagnose common writing problems and to provide help with a wide variety of writing assignments. The services of the Law School Writing Center are available to all Law School students.
The Writing Center can provide students with a wide variety of
services related to writing, including:
- Assessment of student writing to determine an individual student’s problem areas;
- Instruction regarding problems with style, organization, grammar, or punctuation;
- Assistance with outlining, drafting, and revising writing assignments for first year and upper division courses;
- Creation of effective cover letters and writing samples for job applications; and
- Strategies for ESL students.
To schedule a Writing Center appointment or request additional information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments can also be scheduled via the sign-up sheet on the Writing Center’s TWEN page, which can be accessed at http://lawschool.westlaw.com/manage/homepage.aspx?openhomepage=y&courseid=185067.