Crime Victim Law Conference
To secure a place for crime victims as participants with a legally recognized voice requires cultural change and education is a key step in this process. The Crime Victim Law Conference is the only conference on rights enforcement in the country. This is an invaluable opportunity for professionals serving victims to acquire the knowledge and practical skills necessary to provide effective services to victims and to reform the criminal justice system.
Learn about the Conference from past attendees in our new video!
2013 Conference Recap
On Friday and Saturday, June 7-8, NCVLI hosted the 12th Annual Crime Victim Law Conference in Portland, Oregon. NCVLI’s Conference continues to be the only national conference focused on victims’ rights. More than 200 attorneys, advocates, and others committed to victims’ rights gathered to learn from the leading experts in the field and engage in conversations to shape the future of the victims’ rights movement.
This year’s Conference was themed Constructing Justice: Making Victims’ Rights a Reality, urging us to make victims’ rights more than just paper promises, but instead laws that are routinely enforced and continually advanced. The 24 breakout sessions and 4 plenary sessions introduced concrete tools and best practices in victim law and discussed how to best implement them to achieve justice for victims.
We celebrated with our Conference attendees and local community by hosting the largest ever Crime Victims’ Rights Reception on the first night of the Conference. Click here to see the photos!
- Enhancing Justice: Empowerment Through Victims’ Rights - June 8-9, 2012 - The Portland Marriott Downtown. See 2012 photos here.
- 10 Years of Rights Enforcement: Creating the Future of Crime Victim Law June 14 - June 15, 2011 - The Portland Marriott Downtown
- Due Process for Victims: Meaningful Rights in Every Case - June 10 - June 11, 2010 - The Portland Marriott Downtown
- The Path to Progress - June 30 - July 1, 2009 - The Benson Hotel
- Opening the Doors: Victim Access to Justice - May 30 - 31, 2008 - Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
- Architecture of Justice: An Integration of Victims’ Rights - May 18 - 19, 2007 - Doubletree Hotel
- The Power of One, Strength of Many: Advancing Victims’ Rights - June 16 - 17, 2006 - Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
- A Legal Symphony: Instruments of Legal Advocacy - June 17 - 18, 2005 - Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
- 2004 Crime Victim Law & Litigation Conference - June 18 - 19, 2004 - Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
- 2003 Crime Victim Law & Litigation Conference - June 20 - 21, 2003 - Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
- 2002 Crime Victim Law & Litigation Conference - June 21 - 22, 2002 - The Benson Hotel
The 2009 and 2010 conferences were supported by Grant No. 2008-DD-BX-K001 awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. Points of view on these pages are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.