Why should I make a contribution to the Annual Fund?
Annual gifts to the Law School directly impact important programs, scholarships, faculty research, and help guarantee that the Law School’s highest priorities are funded each year. The financial support of alumni and friends is critical to maintaining our exceptional national rating and first-rate programs.
What does my support mean to the law school?
As a student, you likely benefited from some of the programs that are supported by the Annual Fund today. Now, your support is needed to continue our tradition of academic excellence. Gifts to the annual fund impact all operations at the law school and provide us with the flexibility to react to opportunities that arise throughout the year. How does your donation make a difference?
- Your gift makes student achievement possible. Lewis & Clark’s 2009 National Environmental Moot Court team won the national championship from a field of 67 teams. Annual fund support paid for travel and accommodation expenses.
- Gifts to the annual fund attract internationally recognized speakers and visiting professors that provide extraordinary co-curricular learning opportunities.
- The annual fund provides immediate support for faculty research, curriculum development and student organizations.
- Your gift helps us attract other donors. A high level of alumni support matters to potential major donors. Foundations and individuals are more likely to contribute to causes that demonstrate widespread support from other donors and the constituents they have served.
- Your gift helps us compete for all interested students. In public institutions, tuition is subsidized by the government. At our school, this subsidy comes from gifts made by alumni and friends who are concerned about keeping a law degree more affordable.
- Your gift supports students’ financial need. Some students have received scholarships and stipends that exist only because of donations from alumni and friends
- Your gift supports the library. We have the best collection in Oregon and your gift helps us maintain access and resources for students when other law libraries are being cut back. Alumni can use the library anytime at no cost.
- Your gift will make a difference. Alumni support accounts for 75% of all gifts to the annual fund. This vitally important fund benefits every aspect of the Law School.
To find out more about the Annual Fund, please contact Ross Imbler, Director for Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.