MOVING PLANET RIDE and HAPPY HOUR!
Date: 11:30am PDT September 24, 2011 Location: Rose Quarter Commons
Rose Quarter Commons
MOVING PLANET is a day to pledge to move beyond fossil fuels and encourage a national and international effort to do the same. CATS and the Environmental Justice Advocates will be riding bikes to the event and meeting up with folks riding public transportation to the event, then heading to a happy hour at the nearby White Eagle Saloon on bikes, buses and trains.
Biking Meet-ups (Torie Jarvis will lead meet-ups. Contact her at 503-347-0393 (cell) if running late, need directions, etc.)
- 11:15am. Does anyone want to volunteer to lead a ride from school for SW folks? Contact Torie at email@example.com!
- 11:30am. Sellwood: Meet at the Springwater Corridor intersection with Spokane. (One block north of Sellwood Bridge/ Tacoma is Spokane). In the event of rain, we’ll meet on Springwater directly under the Sellwood Bridge.
- 11:45am. Hawthorne Bridge. Meet on the NORTHEAST side of Hawthorne Bridge, on the Eastbank Esplanade.
- 12-3pm. Moving Planet/ Climate Action Now event. MEET UP with fellow bikers and public transportation riders at NOON, in front of the ticket office for the Rose Quarter (across from main entrance to Rose Quarter).
- 3:00pm. Bikers meet back at the ticket window to ride to White Eagle Saloon. Public transport riders meet up to hop on the YELLOW LINE for a quick jaunt to the White Eagle (.1 miles from the Albina/Mississipi MAX Station)
- 3:30pm. HAPPY HOUR! Meet up at White Eagle Saloon. You don’t have to attend the earlier event, we’d love to have you at the happy hour. CATS and EJA will provide appetizers (and possibly the first round, depending on attendance). Happy hour ends at 6.