Fall practice interview program – mark your calendars for July 29th!!
July 14, 2014
Fall 2014 Practice Interview Program
**Sign up for a 30 minute practice interview through the TWEN course
“Fall Practice Interview Program”**
INTERVIEW DATES AVAILABLE:
Tuesday, Aug. 19. 1:30-3:30 pm (résumé due Aug. 11 by 5:00 p.m. PST)
- Wednesday, Aug. 20, 3:00- 5:00 and 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. (résumé due Aug. 11 by 5:00 p.m. PST)
- Friday, Aug. 22, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. (résumé due Aug. 11 by 5:00 p.m. PST)
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
Each student participant will be matched with a volunteer attorney interviewer for a 30 minute individual practice interview. Many of the interviews will take place off-campus, at the interviewer’s firm. For the first 20 minutes, the attorney will interview you just as they would if you were applying for a law clerk or attorney position with their office, asking you “real” interview questions. Following this interview, there will be approximately 10 minutes available for you to receive verbal feedback from the attorney. This is a great opportunity for you to ask for advice, about interviewing or your résumé.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Go to the Westlaw “TWEN” website. Register for the course “Fall Practice Interview Program”, beginning July 29th.
2. Click the “Sign up Sheets” link on the left of the page and sign up for ONE 30 minute time slot on any of the available dates.
You may only sign up for ONE practice interview at ONE time slot on any date - interviews are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Please note that the interviews are scheduled to take place before school starts - do not sign up for an interview that you cannot attend.
3. Use the “Assignment Drop Box” on the left of the TWEN page to submit a PDF copy of your résumé, which will be forwarded to your practice interviewer in advance of your interview. *You must upload your résumé by the due dates listed above - you will not be scheduled for the practice interview unless your résumé has been received. Review Chapter 5 of your Career & Professional Development Center Handbook for information on drafting your résumé.
4. You will receive a confirmation email, with more details about the program and the name/employer for your practice interview, a few days prior to your scheduled interview. Review your Career & Professional Development Center Handbook for information about preparing for your interview.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 768-6699.