March 04, 2014
Oregon State Bar Intellectual Property Section Scholarship
Please find the full application located here
The Intellectual Property Section of the Oregon State Bar is pleased to be offering an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a single Oregon law school student who can evidence a clear interest in and aptitude for intellectual property (patent, trademark, copyright, etc) laws through a set of criteria determined by the IPSEC Selection Committee.
Criteria and Eligibility
Applicant must be entering their final year or semester of studies at an Oregon law school.
1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is June 15, 2014, 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions).
2. Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
4. The Selection Committee shall review the applications and by September 15 announce a winner.
5. The scholarship will be delivered to the winner by October 15, after confirmation that the student is still enrolled in an Oregon law school.
Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
2. Personal statement limited to 250 words containing a brief explanation about yourself, your classes and work related to Intellectual Property Law, including extracurricular activities, and your career goals.
3. An official and recent transcript from your law school with cumulative grade point average and a class standing/rank.
4. No recommendation letters are required.
Deadline for the application is June 15, 2014, 5:00 p.m. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Please mail OR submit application in person to:
OSB IP Section Scholarship
Attn: Natalia McDonald
806 SW Broadway, Suite 600
Portland, Oregon 97205
For more information:Kari Baxter