International Law Society (ILS)
October 08, 2010
Executive Board Members:
- President: Linli Pao
About Us: The International Law Society (ILS) at Lewis and Clark is a chapter of the International Law Students Association. The ILS follows the goal of the parent organization in seeking to promote international law; to encourage communication and cooperation among students and lawyers internationally; to contribute to legal education; to promote social responsibility in the field of law; to increase opportunities for students to learn about other cultures and legal systems worldwide; and to publicizing educational and career opportunities in international law.
ILS organizes several events through the year to meet its goals. It hosts guest speakers that are experts in the field of international comparative law or that have worked in the international legal arena or that have some other relevant connection to the realm of international law. ILS also hosts other celebrated events such as the ILS Beer Fest week and most recently the Law School “Olympiks.”
Mission: The mission of the International Law Students Association is…
- To educate students and lawyers around the world in the principles and purposes of international law, international organizations and institutions, and comparative legal systems, through activities that include academic conferences, the publication of books, magazines, and other academic resources, the global coordination of student chapter organizations, and the administration of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
- To encourage communication among students and lawyers from different parts of the world in an effort to promote international understanding and cooperation in general, and the advancement of legal education in particular;
- To contribute to legal education, to foster mutual understanding, and to promote social responsibility of students and lawyers;
- To provide opportunities for law students and lawyers to learn about other cultures and legal systems in a spirit of critical dialogue and international cooperation;
- To assist law students and lawyers to be internationally-minded and professionally skilled;
- To assist in and encourage the development of international career resources and opportunities for internationally-minded students and lawyers; and
- To engage in other activities related to the development and promotion of international law, study, and practice generally.
For more information:Linli Pao, President