Professor of Law
Legal Research Center
Professor Vail was a graduate teaching assistant at the University of Illinois College of Law. He joined the University of Georgia School of Law faculty in 1969 and taught property, international law, and domestic relations. A member of the Lewis & Clark faculty since 1972, Vail served as executive secretary of the Oregon Commission on Judicial Fitness. He is a member of the Oregon State Bar and serves on its committee on alcohol and drug dependency.
Specialty Areas & Course Descriptions
- Wills and Trusts
- Property Transactions
- Public International Law
- Family Law
- Jessup Moot Court Competition
- B.A. 1967 DePaul University
- J.D. 1968 DePaul University College of Law
Separately Published Works
- What to Give Away, Report of the ABA Committee on Estate Planning and Drafting: Inter Vivos Transfers and Property Ownership, 18 REAL PROPERTY, PROBATE AND TRUST JOURNAL 678 (1983) (contributing author).
- REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS: CASES AND MATERIALS (Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College 1979) (co-authored with Donald W. Large).
Works Published As Part of a Collection
- Compensatory Damages, Chapter 2 in DAMAGES (Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education 1980).