We offer two Mentor programs — one designed for first-year students and one for upper division students.
Please note that for both programs, matching is done once a year, in September.
First Year Students:
Every first year student is eligible to participate in the First Year Mentor Program, through which students are paired with attorneys practicing in the local area. The purpose of this program is to offer first year law students advice and counsel on law school “survival,” how to manage competing time commitments and to assist law students, early in their careers, to develop into responsible, ethical attorneys. Participating students will have a contact in the legal community, almost from the beginning of their law school experience.
Upper Division Students:
Second, third and fourth year students are matched with attorneys based, primarily, on areas of legal interest and/or geographic location. This program is designed to assist with the challenge of bridging the gap between law school and a professional career and to provide students with a unique opportunity to meet and observe practicing lawyers. The program also gives students someone to consult with regarding the legal profession, career options and life as a lawyer. Matching is done each fall and participation is voluntary.
For more information, please contact Libby Davis, Associate Dean for Career & Professional Development and Alumni Relations, email@example.com or (503) 768-6610.
2012-2013 Mentor Programs Calendar:
- Requests from upper division students accepted July 23 - August 17, 2012
- Requests from first year students due Friday, August 24, 2012 (request forms provided at Orientation on August 17, 2012)
- Kick-off Reception – September 12, 2012 (Law School Student Lounge)
- Lunch @ the Law School – September 28, 2012 (Student Lounge)
- 2nd Time Through @ the Tillicum (8585 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy) - Saturday, November 3rd, 9:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Henry’s Reception - Wednesday, November 7, 2012 (Henry’s Billiards Room in the Pearl)
- Happy Hour in the Pearl - Friday, January 25, 2013, 5:00-7:00 pm