Food Day Celebration
Date: October 24 2011 12:00pm
Location: Legal Research Center
, October 24
, L&C Law School will host a lunchtime speaker in honor of FOOD DAY
. Cathy McQueeney
of Friends of Family Farmers
, will speak about the challenges and opportunities that independent farmers face in practicing sustainable
small-scale agriculture - and how they get the delicious food they produce TO YOUR PLATE
- What does it cost to produce safe food in a sustainable way?
- What are farmers’ biggest barriers to producing real food that can be accessible to everyone?
- Specifically, what are some legal restrictions and hurdles these farmers have to negotiate?
- How do these operations fit into our current food system?
- What are groups like Friends of Family Farmers doing to advocate for change?
We’ll serve a potluck lunch at 12pm in the LRC. We’ll prepare some delicious, vegan-friendly food for the event, but would love it if YOU brought YOUR favorite real food dish to share. Vegetarian or non, vegan or gluten free - whatever it is, please cook and eat with us on Monday!
Will you join us? Will you bring a dish? We hope so. Please come and enjoy some delicious real food family style - and make the connection with the source of your sustenance!