Who can interview?
Although students and alumni from any law school can participate in the open Table Talk, only students from NW Consortium schools can apply for pre-scheduled interviews.
How to apply.
- Register for the career fair(s) - ($15 for one, $25 for both) through the student registration link. This will drive you to the registration system with 123Signup. This is for attendance at one or both fairs only. To submit applications to those employers interview at the fair(s), please follow Steps 2 -6 below.
- Register to submit applications to employers. Using your law school email address, register for a new account with the Seattle University School of Law Symplicity system. The SU system is being used this year to manage applications and interviews selection. Only registrations from NW Consortium law school email addresses will be activated.
- After completing the required fields and submitting your request, you will receive an auto-generated message asking you to verify your email address. Registrations will be monitored daily; expect to receive registration confirmation within 24 hours on business days.
- Once you receive notification that your registration is approved, log in to the Simplicity system and select the OCI tab. Next, select the “Session” for which you have registered from the drop-down menu. For the Seattle Fair, select NW Consortium Interviews/Seattle, and you will see a list of participating employers for whom you may apply. For the Portland Fair, select NW Consortium Interviews/Portland, and you will see a list of those employers for whom you may apply.
- For each employer, select the “Review” button to see complete information; job description, hiring criteria, application materials, primary contact, etc., and to submit applications for interviews. You will not be able to view all employers, only those employers who are recruiting your class year.
- Most employers request only a cover letter and resume, but some ask for additional application materials. Be sure to have those prepared well in advance. (writing sample, unofficial law school transcript, list of references).
The application deadline for pre-selected interviews is @ Noon, Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
Students and alumni will be notified by January 26, 2017 whether they have been selected for an interview. Some employers will select alternates to receive interviews should space become available.
Decline to Interview deadline.
If you will not be able to accept any interviews, you must notify the career fair by January 30, 2017.
Attending your interview.
Be sure to check in at the career fair at least ten minutes prior to your first interview time. If you do not check in, your interviews will be given to alternates if available.
At interview time, students and alumni will be released into the interview room as a group.