Animal Law Certificate
Lewis & Clark J.D. students may specialize and earn an Animal Law Certificate. Earning an Animal Law Certificate shows future employers a deep knowledge and a strong commitment to the field of Animal Law.
Animal Law Certificate Requirements
- Students must take both Administrative Law (100) and Animal Law Fundamentals (449 A) plus eight (8) additional credits of approved animal law courses.
- Summer animal law courses qualify
- Some environmental law courses qualify
- A maximum of three (3) credits from ‘credit/no credit’ classes qualify
- Students must also write two substantial papers on approved animal law topics
- Students must maintain a 2.7 overall minimum GPA, and a 3.0 minimum GPA in certificate courses.
NOTE: The Animal Law Certificate is available only for current Lewis & Clark Law School students.