Resources for Current Students
In response to President Trump’s executive order regarding immigrants to the United States, the International Students and Scholars office put together a list of resources for those with questions about the order.
Multicultural Resource Guide
The Lewis & Clark Multicultural Resource Guide contains resources valuable to students, staff, and faculty at L&C. This guide is especially useful for traditionally underrepresented members of the LC community. This guide is evolving and is not all-inclusive of the resources to the Greater Portland Area has to offer, but hopes to serve as a starting point to allow you familiarize yourself with what is available to you in Multnomah County and surrounding areas.
Lewis & Clark has numerous student organizations. Here are a few that represent the diversity at the law school.
- Asian/Pacific American Law Student Association
- Black Law Student Association
- Christian Legal Society
- J. Reuben Clark Legal Society
- Jewish Legal Society
- Latino Legal Society
- Minority Law Student Association
- Native American Law Student Association
- Women’s Law Caucus
Various scholarship opportunities exist for law students, including those specifically for minorities or under-represented groups. Those that we know of are posted on our Scholarships and Awards web page. There you’ll find scholarships provided by outside organizations as well as those specifically for Lewis & Clark law students.
Lewis & Clark law students are able to volunteer with our pipeline programs, the Summer Law Camp and Minority Mock Trial Day, which are annual events geared toward increasing diversity in the “pipeline” to the legal profession. If you’re interested in volunteering, contact Assistant Dean for Academic and Diversity Resources J.B. Kim at email@example.com or 503-768-6622.
State & National Resources
- ABA Commission on Race and Ethnic Diversity
- ABA Diversity Initiatives
- American Indian College Fund
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- LSAC Office of Minority Affairs
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Association of Women Judges
- National Bar Association
- National Black Law Students Association
- Native American Rights Fund
- North American South Asian Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Diversity & Inclusion programs including Opportunities for Law in Oregon (OLIO)
- Oregon Women Lawyers Society (OWLS)
- Practicing Attorneys for Law Students
- PreLaw Summer Institute for Native Americans
- Puerto Rican Legal Defense Fund
- The JD Project - Prelaw Student of Color Network