2020 Wyss Scholars & Diehl Environmental Law Fellow Programs Information Session
Date: 9:00am - 10:00am PDT October 30 Location: Law Campus, Remote
Law Campus, Remote
Wyss Scholars & Diehl Environmental Law Fellow Programs Information Session
Are you a 2-L with a passion for western public land & natural resources issues? Or a 3-L planning on working for a public interest environmental law organization? Come learn how you can become a Wyss scholar or a Diehl Environmental Law Fellow!
Wyss Scholars for 2Ls
Wyss Scholars are eligible to receive generous tuition awards in their 3L year, up to $5,000 for qualified summer job, and post-graduation financial support. (This session is geared towards 2Ls but 1Ls welcome)
- Currently a 2L JD student
- Cannot have any grades lower than a B-
- US citizenship/permanent residency status
- Demonstrated interest in a summer job/post-grad position addressing public lands or natural resources issues with a federal or state land management agency or nonprofit group with focus on the Intermountain West (AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY)
- Only one student per year is selected as a Wyss Scholar
The Wyss Foundation is a private, charitable organization, dedicated to western public lands issues and the scholars program supports graduate-level education in western land conservation.
Learn more about the Wyss Scholars Program HERE.
Diehl Environmental Law Fellows for 3Ls
The Diehl Environmental Law Fellow program is new as of 2020 and offers a stipend to 3-4 LC graduates each year who are going to work for a public interest environmental law organization. Preference for those who are dedicated to resource conservation, wilderness and wildlife habitat and preservation, or human population stabilization.
- Currently a 3L student
- Applicants must be in good academic standing