Summer Internship Position Announced!
March 12, 2015
Description: NCVLI is seeking candidates for 2-3 full time Victims’ Rights Legal Intern positions for Summer 2015. These are unpaid positions.
Description of Duties:
- Assisting NCVLI staff attorneys with technical assistance to attorneys and advocates nationwide. This involves legal research using online databases, internet, and other avenues as well as writing legal memoranda or amicus briefs.
- Writing case law summaries to update NCVLI staff attorneys on the state of victim law and for inclusion in educational/informational materials published by NCVLI.
- Drafting legal information sheets providing an overview of the national landscape of common crime victims’ rights for a variety of audiences.
- Reviewing news articles and cases to identify victims’ issues.
- Assist with phone and email intake process to connect victims with legal services and other resources.
- Assist with the facilitation of NCVLI’s annual Crime Victim Law Conference, May 28-29, 2015 in Portland, Oregon.
- Other general non-profit administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Strong research and writing skills necessary; substantial Westlaw/Lexis training; ability to work independently and problem solve.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of no more than 5 pages by email to NCVLI at firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.