School navigation

National Crime Victim Law Institute

How can I find out the custody status of an offender and receive updates on a criminal case?

July 08, 2010

VINE offers crime victims and other concerned citizens the ability to receive updates on criminal cases, offender custody status, and the option to register to be notified in the event of an offender’s release, transfer or escape.  The VINE website provides information on the availability of VINE by state, how to register, and links to training opportunities for using the VINE systems.  VINE notifications are available online, by phone, email, text messaging, or TTY device.  For further information, please click here.