Prior to law school, I was a Legislative Aide in the Michigan House of Representatives, and I had spent a summer as a law clerk at The Gallagher Law Firm in East Lansing, MI doing estate and probate work. I’m a first generation college student and the first in my family to ever attend law school.
Three Activities I’m involved in:
1) I am a musician! I formed my band with three other Lewis and Clark students when we were 1Ls.
2) I am involved with the Arab American Cultural Center of Oregon as a board member, we most recently began a COVID-19 food relief package program and have distributed non-perishable food items to dozens of families during the pandemic.
3) I work as a Law Clerk at Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP in downtown Portland!
Why law school?
After spending some time working on the policy side of the law, I wanted to get a new perspective and move away from the public sector. My constituent services work in the legislature made me realize that I like to solve problems for people who don’t know where else to turn, and I think that is an important part of being an attorney. I want to be able to advocate for clients and help troubleshoot their problems.
Why Lewis & Clark?
I had my heart set on moving to the Pacific Northwest and applied to all the schools in the region. Lewis & Clark offered a phone interview as part of the application process and I decided to do it. During that interview, I learned about all the opportunities to network and the advantages of being located in Portland, as compared to other schools in the region. After one visit to Lewis & Clark, I was sold on the school and moved from Michigan to Oregon a few months later!
Top 8 Favorite Things Around Portland
- The best bar in town is a two way tie between Creepy’s and Roadside Attraction (and they’re walking distance from one another!),
- Goodfoot does funk night Fridays and it’s always amazing.
- Go to Washington Park and explore the Japanese Garden and the Rose Garden.
- The best wings in town are at Fire on the Mountain.
- Portland is home to Secret Aardvark Sauce - one of the best hot sauces ever.
- Kayaking on the Willamette on a beautiful day is a second to none experience.
- Pittock Mansion has the best view of the city.
- Thunder Road Guitars in NW Portland is one of the best guitar stores in the country and I would live there if I could!
Peter Esho, 3L Day
Lake Orion, Michigan
Michigan State University (Political Science, Bachelor)
Business Law, Criminal Law