Specialty Areas and Course Descriptions
- BA 1991 The George Washington University
- JD 1999 Northeastern University School of Law
The Governor’s Clemency Power: An Underused Tool to Mitigate the Impact of Measure 11 in Oregon, Lewis & Clark L. Rev. (Fall/Winter 2019) (with Venetia Mayhew).
It’s Not a Match: Why the Law Can’t Let Go of Junk Science,81 Albany L. Rev. 895 (2018) (with Janis Puracal).
- Overturning Apodaca v. Oregon Should Be Easy: Non-Unanimous Jury Verdicts in Criminal Cases Undermines the Credibility of the Justice System, 95 Or. L. Rev. 1 (2017) (with Amy Saack).
- The Death Penalty is Getting More Expensive. Is it Worth It? THE CONVERSATION, March 30, 2017
- Contemporary Perspectives on Wrongful Conviction: An Introduction to the 2016 Innocence Network Conference, San Antonio, Texas, 45 Hofstra L. Rev. (2017) (with Gwen Jordan, Valena Beety, and Keith Findley).
- Who Could it Be Now? Challenging the Reliability of First Time In-Court Identifications After State v. Henderson and State v. Lawson, 105 J. Crim. L. & Criminology 947 (with Janis Puracal) (2015).
- Oregon’s Death Penalty: A Cost Analysis (Academic Study and Report) (with Dr. Peter Collins and Venetia Mayhew) (November 2016).
- Contemporary Perspectives on Wrongful Conviction: An Introduction to the 2015 Innocence Network Conference, Orlando, Florida, 3 Tex. A&M L. Rev. 179 (with Valena Beety and Robert Schehr) (2015).
- How to Build a Public Interest Lawyer (And Help All Law Students Along the Way), 15 Loy. J. Pub. Int. L.153 (2013).
- Oregon’s Death Penalty: The Practical Reality, 17 Lewis & Clark L. Rev. 1 (Spring 2013).
- Disabled and Disserved: The Right to Counsel for Mentally Disabled Aliens in Removal Proceedings, 26 Geo. Immigr. L.J. 523 (Spring 2012).
- Think [and Practice] Like a Lawyer: Research Instruction for the New Millennials, 8 Leg. Comm. & Rhetoric 153 (Fall 2011) (with Kathleen Darvil). (Awarded 2012 Outstanding Article by the Academic Law Libraries Special Interest Section (ALL-SIS) of the American Associations of Law Libraries (AALL)).
- A New Approach to Ineffective Assistance of Counsel in Removal Proceedings, 62 Rutgers L. Rev. 345 (Winter 2010).