Master of Studies in Law (MSL) via Distance Learning
Lewis & Clark Law School’s Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy Law program is ranked #1 in the United States by US News and World Report. The program’s Master of Studies in Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy Law (MSL) for non-lawyers is now available via a flexible and engaging online format.
The MSL graduate degree is for those who have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in learning about environmental law and policy, but who do not wish to practice law or obtain a law degree. MSL graduates move on to a wide variety of jobs, including with legislatures, corporate leadership, the nonprofit sector, federal agency administration, teaching, and journalism. LSAT and GRE testing are not required to apply.
The application deadline is August 17, 2020 for fall semester. Spring 2021 admission deadline is December 1, 2020 with a January 2021 start.
Why pursue a distance learning MSL at Lewis & Clark?
- Lewis & Clark Law School’s environmental law program is ranked as the best in the nation (US News & World Report).
- The courses are offered 100% online, and coursework is interactive and flexible.
- The MSL curriculum is designed to the same caliber of excellence as our on-campus courses.
- You will have access to many of the same professors, content, and world-class learning experiences as in-person students.
- We offer personal attention to every student, including assigned Lewis & Clark faculty advisors and dedicated staff.
- You can gain your degree without relocating, quitting your job, or altering your other commitments.
- Federal Financial aid is available (fafsa.gov)
- Tuition awards are available through Lewis & Clark.
- You will interact and network with other online students
- The MSL degree at Lewis & Clark helps prepare you for a variety of career opportunities.
- Applicants for the MSL program must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree – no JD is required
- Demonstrate an excellent academic record, strong legal research and writing skills
- Have a genuine interest in environmental, natural resources, or energy law
- Writing sample of 5-7 pages
- GRE or LSAT test scores are not required
- Applications for 2020-2021 are open - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your faculty for the online MSL are many of the same professors to which our on-campus environmental law students have access. No matter the program, class, or faculty–our students come first. Learn more about our faculty.
Designed to accommodate working professionals, this program is geared to maximize your time and help you reach your goal. The program is offered 100% online, and you will have access to technical support, interactive learning elements, virtual office hours, and more. Lewis & Clark’s MSL program requires completion of 26 semester hours of credit, including the following required courses: Environmental Law, Administrative Law, Introduction to US Environmental Law and Legal Studies.
Reach out to an Environmental Law team member and learn more about the Lewis & Clark difference. Our MSL program staff is always happy to answer your questions.