April 17th, 2020
- 11:30am - 2:00pm: CANCELED: 2020 Distinguished Business Law Graduate Spring Luncheon: Alice Cuprill-Comas ’95 Lewis & Clark Law School Spring Luncheon. Honoring Alice Cuprill-Comas JD ’95, Distinguished Business Law Graduate.
February 27th, 2020
- 12:10pm - 1:20pm: 2020 IP in the Trees: Andrew Gilden, “The Social Afterlife.” 2020 IP in the Trees
September 2nd, 2019
- All Day: Isabella Alexander
September 28th, 2018
- 8:30am - 6:00pm: 23rd Annual Business Law Fall Forum “The Procedure of IP” This forum will explore the various ways in which the laws of Civil Procedure and Intellectual Property intersect. Among other things, speakers will cover preclusion in the context of administrative proceedings, the territorial scope of IP claims and remedies generally, equitable estoppel within copyright cases, jury instructions in copyright cases, and the standards for infringement and burdens of proof in copyright cases.
March 15th, 2018
- 12:10pm - 1:30pm: Lisa Ramsey March 2018
November 14th, 2017
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Joint JD/MBA Info Session with Portland State University Joint JD/MBA Info Session with Portland State University
October 13th, 2017
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Irina Manta Explaining Criminal Sanctions in Intellectual Property
March 17th, 2017
February 10th, 2017
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Adam Mossoff
October 7th, 2016
- 8:30am - 6:00pm: 2016 Business Law Fall Forum Please join us for Lewis & Clark Law School’s 21st Annual Business Law Fall Forum: Innovating CSR: From the Local to the Global.
September 30th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Patrick R. Goold Patrick Goold joins us from Harvard Law School. He will present a draft of his paper “Unbundling the ‘Tort’ of Copyright Infringement”.
September 19th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Joseph S. Miller
Professor Joe Miller joins us from the University of Georgia. He will present a draft of the paper entitled “Legal Process & Penalty Defaults: Thoughts on the New Patent Jurisprudence”.
March 17th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:10pm: EASL & IPSO Present: Professor Loren’s 2015-16 ‘The Business of IP’ Lunchtime Series Come hear about the practice of intellectual-property and entertainment law in a variety of contexts. From a movie company to a nonprofit focused on facilitating licensing of content, from a solo practitioner to Fortune 100 company – an IP lawyer’s practice can be many things.
March 14th, 2016
- 12:15pm - 1:30pm: Christopher Newman Professor Newman joins us from George Mason University School of Law. He will workshop his paper, ‘Letting Nature Run Its Course: How (And Why) To Resuscitate Fair Use’s Moribund Second Factor.’
March 2nd, 2016
- 4:15pm - 5:15pm: USPTO Representative Meeting With Students James Silberman of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Office of Enrollment and Discipline, will be at the law school on March 2, 2014. He is coming to the law school as part of the SBLC’s participation in the USPTO Law School Student Clinic Certification Program. Please join him to learn about positions with the USPTO and to ask questions about practicing patent and trademark law. Please meet in the Upper Student Lounge.
February 5th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Sarah Wasserman Rajec Professor Sarah Wasserman Rajec joins us from William & Mary Law School. She will present her recent paper ‘The Intellectual Property Hostage in Trade Retaliation’ to students, faculty, and local IP practitioners.
January 15th, 2016
- 5:45pm: BLSA Networking Event at Perkins Coie
Borrowing concepts from speed dating, the BLSA Networking Event will facilitate short, focused conversations between current law students and local attorneys in a relaxed setting. Topics that will be addressed include networking, business development, and finding your voice as a lawyer.
November 24th, 2015
- 5:30pm - 7:30pm: 2015 Distinguished Intellectual Property Visitor: ‘Hitting Refresh: Intellectual Property Rights and the Internet.’ We are pleased to announce The Honorable Denise Cote from the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York as the 2015 Distinguished Intellectual Property Visitor. Her lecture ‘Hitting Refresh: Intellectual Property Rights and the Internet’ is open to the public.
October 2nd, 2015
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm: Robert Brauneis Professor Robert Brauneis joins us from The George Washington University Law School. He will present a draft of a paper entitled “The Copyright Office Catalog: What Fifteen Million Registration Records Can Tell Us About Creative Production in the United States, 1978-2012.
September 11th, 2015
- 8:00am - 5:00pm: Business Law Fall Forum- Workplace Secrets, Loyalty, and Poaching: Protecting Employer Interests and Employee Liberty Save the date for the 20th Annual Business Law Fall Forum- Workplace Secrets, Loyalty, and Poaching: Protecting Employer Interests and Employee Liberty