Diversity on the Bench: CLE & Reception hosted by ACS, OWLS, and the OSB!
Friday, Feb. 8th, 2019, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. | Federal District Courthouse, Portland
- Road to the Bench: Judges Share Their Stories, 2:00-3:00 pm
- Closing the Gavel Gap: Why Diversity on the Bench Is Important & How to Make It Happen, 3:00-4:00 pm
- Recognition of Judges by OSB Diversity Section, 4:00 pm followed by reception
Student tickets are FREE with RSPV (https://membership.oregonwomenlawyers.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=32)
November 6th - Midterm Election Viewing Party & Trivia Event with PILP
Bare Bones Bar, 7-9pm
ACS is partnering with PILP to host a night of trivia and midterm election watching. Come watch the election results and enjoy a night of fun and food! Trivia starts at 7pm, arrive early to get a table. To sign up for trivia (team of 4-6), grab some friends and sign up at https://goo.gl/forms/X0ZQ6E78NJ2T0gTp1. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 18th - ACS Study Skills Session
Wood Hall, Room 8, 12:10pm
Are you an overwhelmed 1L? A stressed-out 2L? A parent, part-time student, or person with minimal time for law school studying? Do you want to improve your grades, become law-review eligible, or get to the top of you class? If so, you can’t miss this session. ACS President and 3L Zach Nelson will share his studying tricks and help you study effectively. Free Bellagios pizza will be served. Contact email@example.com for more information.
September 18th - SCOTUS Preview Panel
Curious about the future of our constitutional rights? Want free pizza with great discussion? Join the Lewis & Clark chapter of the American Constitution Society as we host a panel to discuss the Supreme Court’s upcoming cases, Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation, and the future of constitutional law on September 18th at 12:10pm in Room 1. The panel includes Professors Oleske, Funk, and Huffman, along with Mat dos Santos of the ACLU of Oregon. Professor Klonoff will be moderating. Bring your questions, your concerns, and your appetite. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 12th, 2020
- 5:30pm - 8:00pm: Multnomah County District Attorney Debate - CANCELLED THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
February 8th, 2019
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm: Diversity on the Bench: CLE & Reception Hosted by ACS, OWLS, and the OSB! CLE & Reception discussing diversity on the bench and honoring diverse members of the Oregon bench.
September 18th, 2018
- 12:10pm: SCOTUS Preview Panel + Pizza Come learn about the Supreme Court’s upcoming cases while enjoying free pizza.
November 4th, 2014
- 12:10pm: Stealth Authoritarianism
Room 2, November 4, 2014, 12:00-1:00PM
Learn about modern trends in authoritarian practices throughout the world and their impacts on U.S. foreign policy decisions. Professor Varol’s past events have been huge success for ACS in the past and we fully expect that trend to continue.
October 28th, 2014
- 12:10pm: Oregon Ballot Measures Debate
Room 3, October 28, 12:10-1:10
Come hear representatives from the “Yes” and “No” coalitions of the Measure 90 (Top 2 Primary) and Measure 92 (GMO Labeling) debate the merits of the ballot measures.
October 22nd, 2014
- 12:00pm: SCOTUS Docket Review/Preview
SCOTUS Docket Review/Preview
Room 2, October 22nd 12:10-1:10
Back by popular demand, Professors Abrams and Funk will be hosting the annual Supreme Court Docket Review and Preview.