March 6th, 2020
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm: Importing and Exporting Amid a Trade War: Tariffs, Export Controls, and Sanctions Leading practitioners from around the country will explore issues of pressing concern to any company involved in international trade, as well as to their lawyers.
October 2nd, 2019
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Ben Lauritsen, General Counsel for the Portland Trail Blazers
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Classroom 1 from 12:10 to 1:15 p.m.
Full lunch to be provided.
The Center for Business Law and Innovation invites you to join us for an insightful discussion with Ben Lauritsen. Ben advises the Trail Blazers and the Rose Quarter in strategy, operations, negotiations, disputes, and compliance. In addition to leading the team’s legal functions, he oversees the team’s Human Resources and Community Outreach departments and serves as Board President of the Trail Blazers Foundation. Ben will be talking about the amazing complexity of working for a professional sports team, the unique career path that led him to Portland, and how often he is asked for free tickets to games.
This is a rare opportunity for students to hear from a leader in the sports industry.
March 15th, 2019
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: 2019 Business Law Spring Luncheon Each year the Business Law Spring Luncheon celebrates the accomplishments of our students...
March 1st, 2019
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm: “Explore adidas!” Join the Business Law Society (BLS) and Entertainment, Sports, Media (ESM) as we “Explore adidas!” at the adidas headquarters in North Portland.
September 28th, 2018
- 8:30am - 6:00pm: 23rd Annual Business Law Fall Forum “The Procedure of IP” This forum will explore the various ways in which the laws of Civil Procedure and Intellectual Property intersect. Among other things, speakers will cover preclusion in the context of administrative proceedings, the territorial scope of IP claims and remedies generally, equitable estoppel within copyright cases, jury instructions in copyright cases, and the standards for infringement and burdens of proof in copyright cases.
November 14th, 2017
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Joint JD/MBA Info Session with Portland State University Joint JD/MBA Info Session with Portland State University
October 7th, 2016
- 8:30am - 6:00pm: 2016 Business Law Fall Forum Please join us for Lewis & Clark Law School’s 21st Annual Business Law Fall Forum: Innovating CSR: From the Local to the Global.
June 22nd, 2016
June 14th, 2016
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm: Advising Nonprofits and Serving on a Nonprofit Board
- 1:00pm - 7:00pm: Riverside Golf Event
June 11th, 2016
June 10th, 2016
- 8:00am: 2016 Crime Victim Law Conference
June 2nd, 2016
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm: MBA Professionalism Panel for Newer Lawyers
May 19th, 2016
- 5:00pm - 8:00pm: Annual Meeting, Dinner & Judges Reception
April 15th, 2016
- 8:00am - 5:00pm: Food Fusion: Law’s Sustaining Role in Food
From urban ag to business advice, the second annual Food Law Forum will feature informative panels of local experts addressing legal and policy issues involved in producing and providing the food we eat. The interactive sessions will include topics ranging from: urban farming to land use, food startups, micro-entrepreneurship, licensing, labeling, and alcohol distribution. The forum is designed for law students, lawyers, entrepreneurs, and other professionals currently working, or interested in, in the food and agriculture industries. The forum is made possible through a collaboration of the Business Law Programs and the student Food and Wine Law Society.
April 7th, 2016
- 12:00pm: Stepping Out and Creating Your Own Path to Success
Have questions about how to effectively use your law degree to find a career meant for you? Join BLSA for a panel of local attorneys discussing their unique paths to a rewarding career, the challenges they faced along the way, and how they overcame these obstacles. Lunch will be provided.
March 17th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:10pm: EASL & ISPO Present: Professor Loren’s 2015 ‘The Business of Copyright’ Lunchtime Series Come hear about the practice of intellectual-property and entertainment law in a variety of contexts. From a movie company to a nonprofit focused on facilitating licensing of content, from a solo practitioner to Fortune 100 company – an IP lawyer’s practice can be many things.
March 4th, 2016
- 1:00pm - 5:15pm: 2016 Lewis & Clark International Law Symposium- Managing Corruption Risks in International Business: Perspectives from the U.S. and Abroad This symposium brings together a diverse set of speakers to offer insights on recent developments in managing corruption risks in International Business. They will also offer practical advice on how to meet compliance requirements in the face of foreign challenges and how to design and implement an effective compliance regime.
January 15th, 2016
- 5:45pm: BLSA Networking Event at Perkins Coie
Borrowing concepts from speed dating, the BLSA Networking Event will facilitate short, focused conversations between current law students and local attorneys in a relaxed setting. Topics that will be addressed include networking, business development, and finding your voice as a lawyer.
April 3rd, 2015
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm: Legal Stumbling Blocks for Small Businesses Small business owners and entrepreneurs are invited to learn about entity selection, intellectual property, tax issues and other legal challenges facing small business owners from interns with the Small Business Legal Clinic.