OIPN Spring 2010
- Patent Ownership or Lack Thereof: Lessons Learned from Board of Trustees of Leland Stanford Junior University v. Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. and Edwards Lifesciences AG v Cook Biotech Incorporated
- Navigating Opposition Proceedings Before the TTAB: Tips for New Practitioners
OIPN Spring 2009
- Observations on the Google Books Settlement
- Patent Office Power: Tafas v. Doll, and Next Steps
- Asset Marketing Systems, Inc. v. Gagnon
- Philip Morris USA, Inc. v. King Mountain Tobacco Company, Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc. v. Broadcom Corp.
- United States v. Klimecek
- Mattel, Inc. v. MGA Entertainment, Inc.
OIPN Fall 2008
- Statutory Uncertainty at Both Ends of a Copyright Infringement Case
- Developments in the Extra-Territorial Enforcement of U.S. Patents
- Honorable Pierre Leval as Distinguished IP Visitor
- Cartoon Network LP v. CSC Holdings, Inc.
- United States v. Whitehead
- Board of Regents, U. of Texas ex. rel. U. of Texas at Austin v. KST Electric, LTD
- Jacobsen v. Katzer
OIPN Spring 2008
- Key Word Advertising Using Tradmarked Terms: Fair or Foul?
- Sitrick v. Dreamworks, LLC
- Doe v. Geller
- Halliburton Energy Services v. M-I LLC
- Louis Vuitton Malletier S.A. v. Haute Diggity Dog, LLC
- Riviera Distributors, Inc. v. Jones
OIPN Spring 2007
- Re-Thinking the Admissibility of Non-Prior Art as Evidence of the Level of Skill in the Art to Support an Obviousness Defense in Patent Litigation
- The Effect of MedImmune on Using the Declaratory Judgment Act to Challenge a Licensed Patent
- Patent Claim Construction: The Neglected Preamble
- Kahle v. Gonzales
OIPN Fall 2006
- Open Source In Practice: From Idea To Market To Your Desk
- Bringing FOSS Into The Enterprise: Thoughts On “Best Practices”
- Open Source in M&A and Other Transactions
- Implied Patent Rights and Open Source Software
- Harald Welte, Linux, and the GPL
- Semi-Open Source: The Case for Hybrid Licensing
- Trademark Enforcement for National Brands Made Easier – Not So For Others: Significant Changes to Trademark Dilution Act Signed into Law
OIPN Spring 2006
- Preserving the Exculpatory Value of an Opinion Letter
- Field v. Google, Inc
- Is Something Amiss? A Commentary on the Aftermath of Phillips v. AWH Corp
- Contractual Restrictions on Paired Patented Goods
- IPXL Holdings, L.L.C. v. Amazon.com, Inc.
OIPN Fall 2005
- Davidson & Associates v. Jung
- The Revival of the Prosecution Laches
- Defense Against Patent Infringement: Symbol Technologies, Inc. v. Lemelson
Medical, Education & Research Foundation, L.P.
- Open Source Software— Pandemic or Panacea?
- Claim Indefiniteness in Two Patent Infringement Suits: Datamize, LLC v. Plumtree Software, Inc. and Marley Mouldings Limited v. Mikron Industries, Inc.
- Government Employees Insurance Co. v. Google, Inc.
OIPN Spring 2005
- This Land Belongs to All of Us
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act – The IP Audit & Strategy Development Process
- C.R.E.A.T.E. Act Provides a Safe Harbor for Joint Research Projects
- Grupo Gigante S.A. de C.V. v. Dallo & Co.
- Star Fruits S.N.C. and Institute of Experimental Botany v. United States and Department of Commerce
- KP Permanent Make-Up, Inc. v. Lasting Impression I, Inc.
OIPN Fall 2004
- Sixth Circuit Abolishes De Minimis Use Doctrine for Sound Recording Copyright Infringement: A Note on Bridgeport Music, Inc. v. Dimension Films
- TRIPS, Doha and Pharmaceuticals
- In re Wilhem Elsner
- Knorr-Bremse Systeme v. Dana Corp.
- In re Alberto Lee Bigio
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc v. Grokster Ltd.
OIPN Spring 2004
- Of Teapots and Cool Coffee Cups: Exploring the Possibilities of Copyright Protection for Useful Objects and Industrial Designs
- When IPR Meets PGR in Oregon Agriculture
- Ellison v. Robertson and AOL
- Golight v. Wal-Mart
- Mattel Inc. v. Walking Mountain Productions
- Anthony J. DeGidio v. West Group Corporation; The Thomson Corporation; West Licensing Corporation
OIPN Fall 2003
- The Clear Disavowal Case: Teleflex, Inc. v. Ficosa North America Corp.
- Authors’ Claims for Reverse Passing Off under of the Lanham Act after Dastar Corp. v. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp.
- Another Fall, Another Festo
- Contractually Prohibiting Bad Reviews? Copyright Misuse to the Rescue, Maybe…
- In Re Coors Brewing Co.
- Gordon v. Nextel Communications
- Minton v. Nat’l Ass’n of Sec. Dealers
- Nitro Leisure Products, L.L.C. (d.b.a. Golfballsdirect.com and Second Chance) v. Acushnet Co.
OIPN Spring 2003
- Stem Cell and Collateral Biomedical Developments after the Bush Administration Restraints
- The Uncertain Inventor Case: Space Systems/Loral Inc. v. Lockheed Martin Corp.
- From Here to Eternity (Minus One): Eldred and the Mouse That Devoured The Public Domain?
- Inadequacy of Current Patent Schemes in Biomedical Context
- Presentation Summary of IP Distinguished Visitor, Honorable Ronald M. Whyte
- Recent Decisions, Moseley v. Victoria’s Secret Catalogue, Inc., Cort v. Saint Paul Fire and Marine Ins. Companies, Inc., Adidas-Salomon Ag v. Target Corp., Microsoft Corp. v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue
OIPN Fall 2002
- A Test for the Right of Publicity: Comedy III Productions v. Saderup
- Losing the Security Blanket: The (Inexorable) Move Away From Blanket Licenses for Commercial Radio
- The Top Ten Internet Stories of the Past Year
- Border Crossing: IP and UPL
- Recent Decisions: Ty, Inc. v. Publications Intern. Ltd., Mattel, Inc. v. MCA Records, Inc., Leslie A. Kelly v. Arriba Soft, Holmes Group, Inc. v. Vornado Air Circulation Sys., Inc.
OIPN Spring 2002
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act: Do Two New Cases Establish the Standard for Enforcement?
- Legislation to Watch: The Proposed Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act
- The Historical Roots of Patent Prosecution Laches
- American Indian and Tribal Intellectual Property Rights
- Strategic Planning For Intellectual Property
- Initial Interest Confusion in the Context of Internet Domain Names: A Primer of Recent Cases and Suggestions for Creative Resolutions to this Brand of Trademark Dispute
- The Laws of Employee Invention Assignments Abroad: A Word of Caution for the U.S. Corporation with Foreign Inventor-Employees
- Recent Decisions:Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp., v. Marvel Enterprises, Inc., Ford v. Greatdomains.com, Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. v. J.E.M. AG Supply, Inc. Symbol Techs., Inc. v. Lemelson Med., Educ. & Research Found., L.P.
OIPN Fall 2001
- Uniform Electronic Transactions Act in Oregon
- Stake Your Claim on a New Domain
- The Complicated World of Music Copyrights and Webcasting
- Third Annual Distinguished Intellectual Property Visitor: Pamela Samuelson, Fall 2001
- Recent Decisions: New York Times Co., Inc. v. Tasini, Downing v.Abercrombie & Fitch
OIPN Spring 2001
- An Interview with the Honorable Paul R. Michel, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Festo: Past, Present, and Future of the Doctrine of Equivalents
- Antitrust Developments Affecting the New Economy: U.S. v. Microsoft and Beyond
- Case Summaries, Clark v. America Online, Inc., Konop v. Hawaiian Airlines, Tasini v. New York Times Co., Veeck v. Southern Bldg. Code Congress Int’l
- Patent Infringement Litigation in the District of Oregon (“Markman Watch”)
OIPN Fall 2000
- Case Summaries, Heathmount A.E. Corp. v. Technodome.com, PerSeptive Biosystems, Inc. v. Pharmacia Biotech, Inc., UMG Recordings, Inc. v. MP3.com, Inc., Universal City Studios v. Reimerdes
- Federal Privacy Regulation of the Telecommunications and Cable Industry
- Intellectual Property Essay Contest Winners
- RIAA v. MP3.COM
OIPN Spring 2000
- Patent Rights Quiz
- Interview with Professor Eisenberg
- Safe Harbors from the Stormy Seas of Copyright Infringement Litigation
- Federal Circuit Case Summaries, Pioneer Hi-Bred Int’l, Inc. v. J.E.M. Ag Supply, Inc., In re Gartside
OIPN Fall 1999
- To Tag or Not To Tag – That Is the (Meta) Question
- 1999 Intellectual Property Section Essay Contest Winners
Click here to see Current OIPN Articles
Click here to go back to Oregon IP Network page