There are no current events. Here are past events.
October 18th, 2019
- 2:00pm: Wilhelm Mausoleum Tour
February 18th, 2019
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Tax Law Society- General Meeting
September 28th, 2018
- 8:30am - 6:00pm: 23rd Annual Business Law Fall Forum “The Procedure of IP” This forum will explore the various ways in which the laws of Civil Procedure and Intellectual Property intersect. Among other things, speakers will cover preclusion in the context of administrative proceedings, the territorial scope of IP claims and remedies generally, equitable estoppel within copyright cases, jury instructions in copyright cases, and the standards for infringement and burdens of proof in copyright cases.
February 7th, 2018
- 12:10pm - 1:00pm: The Commons Law Center Join PēPS for our lunch time speaker event featuring Amanda Caffall, Executive Director of The Commons Law Center, a local nonprofit law firm specializing in estate planning, family law, and business law. We will serve delicious food from Los Gorditos (vegetarian and meat options)!
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so we have enough food!
January 31st, 2018
- 12:10pm - 1:00pm: PēPS General Meeting Join PēPS for our lunch time general meeting! We will serve delicious Thai food and discuss our upcoming events. Questions? Email email@example.com.
November 20th, 2017
- 12:10pm - 1:15pm: PēPS and Health Law Society Present a Speaker Panel about Medicaid Please join the Probate & Estate Planning Society (PēPS) and the Health Law Society (HLS) for lunch! Our panel includes two Elder Law attorneys who will discuss what students need to know about Oregon Medicaid planning in order to be effective Estate Planning and Elder Law attorneys. Lunch provided!
October 27th, 2017
- 10:00am - 12:00pm: PēPS Wilhelm Memorial Mausoleum Tour Please join PēPS (the Probate & Estate Planning Society) on a private tour of the Wilhelm’s Portland Memorial Mausoleum to learn about this important aspect of estate planning.
Space is limited so please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 25.
September 28th, 2017
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: ABA Real Property Trust and Estates (RPTE) Section information session Do you have an interest in real estate and T&E work? Come chat with Karen Nashiwa from the ABA Real Property Trust and Estates (RPTE) Section
September 18th, 2017
- 12:10pm - 1:00pm: PēPS 1st General Meeting
November 9th, 2016
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: PēPS General Meeting This will be our final meeting of the semester. Please attend to give us your feedback, and suggestions for Spring Semester event. Lunch will be provided.
October 28th, 2016
- 9:00am - 1:00pm: Field Trip to Probate Court We will view a trial in Multnomah County Probate Court. Judge Tennyson will kindly attend a Q&A lunch hour following the trial.
Trials frequently settle, which is fortunate for the parties, but unfortunate for us! Please check in closer to the event date to ensure the first half of this event will still occur.
October 21st, 2016
- 9:00am: Wilhelm’s Portland Memorial Mausoleum Tour Visit to Wilhelm’s Portland Memorial Mausoleum with private tour and staff Q&A.
October 12th, 2016
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: PēPS tabling at lunch We will be tabling in the LRC to answer questions about the group, and spread awareness of PēPS and Lewis & Clark’s Probate and Estate Planning curriculum.
September 28th, 2016
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: PēPS General Meeting First general meeting of the year. We will discuss the group, our planned events, and make introductions! Lunch provided (Chinese). Wood Hall Classroom 7.
September 23rd, 2016
- 11:00am - 1:00pm: Serving Seniors: Pizza Lunch at Hollywood Senior Center Community service opportunity to serve senior citizens a pizza lunch!
September 8th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: PēPS Tabling in the LRC for the Student Organization Fair We are tabling in the amphitheater, near the LRC. Join us for information about the club, course planning, or general questions!
February 25th, 2016
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: PEPS Introductory Meeting Interest Meeting: Come join PEPS for our Introductory Meeting!