New students attend AEP Summer Institute
August 13, 2015
Every year, the Academic Enhancement Program at Lewis & Clark Law School offers an eight-day intensive course to incoming first-year law students known as the Summer Institute. This year, the Institute was held August 3-6 and 10-13, and concluded with a barbeque lunch attended by students, staff, and faculty.
The Summer Institute accepts up to forty entering students each year to participate in workshops covering:
- Basic legal concepts and analytical tools
- Real first-year lectures from Lewis & Clark Professors
- Exam skills, including a mock exam and debrief session
- Time and stress management techniques
- An introduction to academic and other resources available
- An opportunity to engage and network with fellow 1L’s, alumni, and Lewis & Clark faculty and staff
Questions about AEP and the Summer Institute can be addressed to Assistant Dean for Diversity and Academic Support J.B. Kim, at firstname.lastname@example.org.