Mr. Markley is a partner at Greene & Markley PC, a commercial law firm in Portland, Oregon.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- BA, University of Washington, 1972.
- JD cum laude, Lewis & Clark, 1975.
- Admitted to Practice in Oregon and Washington; U.S. District court, District of Oregon, Eastern and Western Districts of Washington; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Markley is a frequent speaker at real estate and commercial law seminars, and is an adjunct professor at Lewis & Clark Law School, teaching Advanced Bankruptcy.
Memberships & Honors
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Committee on Commercial Transactions and Litigation
- Author: “Conflicts in the Courts: NLRB Decisions as Res Judicata in Section 303 Suits,” 27 Administrative Law Review 83, 1975
- Author: Note,”Constitutional Limits on Enforcement of Air Pollution Laws,” 5 Environmental Law 147, 1974
- Editor: Environmental Law, 1974
- Editor: Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, 1981-83
Mr. Markley concentrates his practice on business, commercial and real estate documentation and litigation. His experience includes representation of creditors in major bankruptcies, counsel to both state charters and national banks, savings and loan associations, equipment lessors and retail merchandisers.
He has assisted as local borrowers’ counsel in documenting loan transactions up to $220 million, and as buyers’ counsel in the sale of interstate businesses. His trial and appellate practice has been in the real estate, partnership and corporate fields.