National Animal Law Competitions
February 15-17th, 2013
Presented by the Center for Animal Law Studies
Hosted by Lewis & Clark Law School
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the National Animal Law Competitions (NALC), this year’s event was held at Lewis & Clark Law School for the very first time.
To watch the final rounds of the 2013 National Animal Law Competitions, please click on the various links below.
Legislative Drafting & Lobbying Final Rounds:
Closing Argument Final Rounds:
For the Appellate Moot Court Competition Final Round, click here.
To watch the Awards Ceremony for the 2013 National Animal Law Competitions, please click here.
Presented by the Center for Animal Law Studies at
Lewis & Clark Law School in collaboration with the
Animal Legal Defense Fund
The Mediasite program requires Silverlight (https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/).
NALC is an inter-law school competition presented by the Center for Animal Law Studies at Lewis & Clark, in collaboration with the Animal Legal Defense Fund. NALC provides law students from across the United States an opportunity to develop knowledge in the field of animal law while honing their written and oral advocacy skills. The event is comprised of three separate competitions:
- Legislative Drafting & Lobbying Competition;
- Closing Argument Competition; and
- Appellate Moot Court Competition.
- “Thanks so much! This has been an amazing experience.”
- “NALC was a great experience - and incredibly well-run and well-organized!”
- “The experience for my two students was one they will never forget, and the countless ‘adjacent’ conversations we had in the general area of animal rights provided them with tremendous exposure to the issues and to being able to think and converse about them.”
- “What an amazing experience. I learned so, so much, and met so many wonderful people. The first thing I did when I got home was send an e-mail to our SALDF encouraging people to do this next year (and offering to coach them!).”
- “Just wanted to say a huge thank you for a wonderful event…and for being SO supportive.”
- “Thank you so much for the opportunity to participate in [NALC]. This problem was just great, so well crafted, and it was a delight to work on.”
- “My team and I had a really great time at NALC this year. Thank you…so much for all your hard work in making the event such a success!”