Environmental Law Caucus
Executive Board Members:
- Kya Marienfield, Ben Saver, Peter Stein, JJ England
About ELC: ELC provides a forum for law students to connect with the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest and embrace environmentalism on a personal level. We are the oldest environmental group on campus. Our mission has changed over the years as new groups have developed to fill specific needs of the environmental law community. Our primary goal is to educate and promote stewardship in and around our community.
A few of our annual activities include:
- Fall Beach Cleanup with SOLV - Participate in SOLV’s annual fall beach cleanup, arranging car pools and providing a picnic lunch.
- Mushroom Hunt Weeken d - Organize a weekend trip to a Mt. Hood cabin, involving guided hikes and hunts by a mycologist, learning about the mushrooms of the region, and cooking and eating mushroom harvest.
- PIELC - Mobilize a contingency of students to attend the Public Interest Environmental Law Conference at the University of Oregon, and arrange carpools and hotels.
- Bike to PIELC Challenge - Organize and promote participation in a one-way bike ride with support vehicles from Portland to Eugene for the Public Interest Environmental Law Conference.
- Earth Day Celebration - Provide picnic lunch party in the amphitheatre for Earth Day, including keynote speakers and/or live music.
- Hike of the Month – a different hike around the Portland area each month!