Lewis & Clark’s LL.M. in Environmental Law, Natural Resources Law, and Energy Law offers excellent preparation for practicing, teaching, or policy-making in the environmental, natural resources, and energy law field. Our dynamic program draws lawyers from across the country and around the world, who consistently give the program high marks for its breadth, depth and educational excellence. Our environmental law program is always highly ranked in the United States by U.S. News & World Report. We also provide outstanding staff support to our LL.M. students as well as one-on-one access to our renowned faculty members.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see the Lewis & Clark difference. We consider applications on a rolling basis and accept applications throughout the year. Our LL.M. program staff are always happy to answer your questions. Contact Assistant Director, Lucy Brehm, at email@example.com or 503-768-6882.
Meet some of our LL.M. graduates!
- Attorney at the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA)
- Corporate Counsel of Electronic Recyclers International, Inc.
- Advisor to the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Shareholder at Jackson DeMarco Tidus Peckenpaugh
- Chilean lawyer at the firm of Urenda, Rencoret, Orrego & Dörr
- Senior Attorney at Fair Shake Environmental Legal Services
- Assistant General Counsel, Environmental Division, at Entergy Corporation, a national utility company based in New Orleans.
- Executive Director of the Coastal States Organization which represents the interests of the Governors from the thirty-five coastal States and Territories on federal, legislative, and policy issues relating to sound coastal, Great Lakes, and ocean management.
- Professor of law and deputy director (research) at Griffith Law School in Queensland, Australia.
- Professor at the School of Policy Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University, where he teaches courses in the areas of Environmental Law, Comparative Environmental Law, Environmental Assessment.
Comments from a recent LL.M. class:
“The courses, clinical experience and other multiple events at Lewis & Clark were the perfect combination for me to have a great experience during the course of my LL.M. Everything I learned at Lewis & Clark prepared me for the challenges I will face during the rest of my career as an environmental lawyer in Colombia.”“I remember how lucky and grateful I felt at the end of each semester knowing that I’d learned this area of law from professors I so admired and in a place with such wonderful staff and students.”“…everything was memorable about Portland and the people I met. Definitely when I met Chief Justice Roberts after the Moot Court competition.”