The bookstore reserves the right to make decisions on the return-ability of purchased materials on a case-by-case basis.
OYEZ! OYEZ! OYEZ!
The bookstore return policy is 7 consecutive days for all items regardless of when the bookstore is open.
All receipts must accompany all returns.
Credit card and debit card purchases will be refunded to the card used in the original purchase. Personal check and cash purchases will be refunded in cash as it is available after the check clears the bank. Customers may be asked to wait for cash refunds on check and cash purchases.
Required class materials may be returned to the bookstore in their original condition within seven (7) consecutive days after purchase, as shown by the date on the receipts. This policy applies regardless of when the bookstore is closed. Plan ahead.
If a class is dropped, the class materials may be returned to the bookstore with a signed slip from the registrar stating that the class was dropped. Returns for dropped classes must be in their original condition and be returned within seven (7) consecutive days of dropping the course. This policy applies regardless of when the bookstore is closed. Used books purchased for use in a dropped course cannot be returned.
No books may be returned after the last day of classes (before finals begin) for the term regardless of time purchased. Absolutely no book returns during reading period/finals. All books purchased after the end of classes are final sale. Summer texts may not be returned after the first class meeting.
$10 study guides are final sale.
Defective books may be exchanged at any time, subject to availability.
All used book purchases are final.
Apparel still in new condition may be exchanged for a different size of the same item at any time, subject to availability.
No returns on opened candy or chips. Gross.
No appeals. No writs of habeus bookus.
Used Books Policy
- The Seller will fill out a used book form and secure it inside the cover of the book.
- Accepted books: Required books to be used during the current semester, as told by the book list; Study guides in current edition or one edition old
- Casebooks must be same edition as shown on the book list.
- Unsold casebooks must be picked up on the following schedule: Fall: End of September; Spring: End of January; Summer: End of July
- Only one reminder to pick up unsold books will be sent. Casebooks left after these deadlines will become property of the bookstore.
- Study guides must be picked up by the last day of the semester’s finals. Books left after these dates become property of the bookstore.
- If book sells, proceeds from the sale of books will be distributed monthly, minus consignment fees. It is the seller’s responsibility to provide current, legible contact information on the used book form.
- Proceeds will be direct deposited to the account or mailed to the address on file with Lewis & Clark College. It is the seller’s responsibility to ensure the account and address are current.
- The Bookstore does not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged books. All items are left for sale at the seller’s risk.
A $6.00 consignment fee will be deducted for each item sold.
To Sell Your Used Books
Check the current book list to make sure the book you want to sell is the current edition being used for the class.
Obtain a Used Book Form online or from the Bookstore and fill it out neatly and completely. Secure it in the front cover of the book.
Only books to be used during the upcoming semester will be accepted.
If the book sells, proceeds from the sale of books will be distributed monthly, minus consignment fees.
Proceeds will be direct deposited to the account or mailed to the address on file with Lewis & Clark College. It is the seller’s responsibility to ensure the account and address are current.
The Bookstore does not accept any responsibility for lost or misplaced books. All items are left for sale at the seller’s risk.