Advanced Legal Writing: Litigation
Advanced Legal Writing: Litigation - Professor Robert Doeckel
- Course Number: LAW-214
- Course Type: Highly Specialized
- Credits: 2
- Enrollment Limit: Determined by the Registrar
- Description: This course offers students an opportunity to continue to develop their research and writing skills through gaining experience with a wider variety of litigation-related writing tasks. Assignments may include an email memo, an advice or demand letter, and an evidentiary or other pretrial motion. These assignments will help students develop strategies for researching and writing efficiently under time pressure and will expose students to common procedural and evidentiary issues that arise in many litigation matters.
- Prerequisite: Lawyering I and II
- Evaluation Method: Course evaluation will be based on a combination of class participation and completion of several written assignments. Students will receive a letter grade for this course. This course does not have a final exam.
- Capstone: no
- WIE: yes