Summer 2023 Courses Now Available
Law students, from any law school, can now register for Summer 2023 courses.
Lewis & Clark Law School’s Summer 2023 courses can be a vital bridge for law students as they navigate their path toward a JD degree and lay the groundwork for a future career in a specific area of law.
This summer’s offering includes a selection of online and in-person options. Courses range from foundational law that students may need as a prerequisite for Fall classes (Admin Law, Env Law) to valuable bar exam/MPRE courses (Evidence, Ethics) and experiential work (Tax Clinic, Small Business Law Clinic). The Externship: Pre-Registration course is also available, along with an Externship Program Guide for more detailed information.
As students plan their summer schedule, checking exam dates for scheduling conflicts (vacation, work, other classes) is essential. Session I & Session II unscheduled exams are available June 30 - July 5 and August 4th - 7th, respectively. However, students should check each specific course before registering.
Below is a complete list of the current summer courses. Same-session courses may start and stop at different times, but students can view more detailed information on WebAdvisor (including schedules and class capacity). Visiting, non-Lewis & Clark students can access WebAdvisor through their prospective student accounts.
Summer Long (End of May–Aug):
- Administrative Law (Online) with Fromherz, N.
- Food Law (Online) with Frasch, P. and Jaleel, H.
- Law & Ethics of Animal Testing (Online) with Locke, P.
Session I (End of May–July):
- Advanced Legal Research (Online) with Kostek, M.
- Clear Air Act (Online) with Ferrey, S.
- Criminal Law I (Online) with Parry, J
- Environmental Law (In-Person) with Johnston, C.
- Evidence (In-Person) with Sussman, G. and Zusman, K.
- Small Business Legal Clinic (In Person) with Flestiner, S.
- Tax Clinic (In-Person) with Lora, S.
- Tribal Government Law (Online) with Morsett, J.
Session II (July–Aug):
- The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (Online) with Cassidy, K.
- Indian Gaming & Economic Development (Online) with Davis, P. & Williams, JD.
- Flood Control Law & Regulation (Online) with Shapiro, S.
- Science and Animal Law (In Person) with Frash, P. & Lahvis, G.
Course information, including exam scheduling or in-person availability, remains subject to change. So, be sure to stay up to date on changes, even after registration.