Hadley Van Vactor Kroll
Assistant Professor of Lawyering
- Copyright, Steve Hambuchen
Hadley Van Vactor is an Assistant Professor of Lawyering and the co-instructor of the Externship Program’s class component.
Before joining Lewis & Clark Law School, Professor Van Vactor taught legal writing and advocacy courses at the University of Southern California Law School. Professor Van Vactor was also Of Counsel at Solomon, Saltsman & Jamieson in Los Angeles, California, where her practice focused on complex litigation matters, and a bankruptcy and corporate reorganization associate in the New York and Los Angeles offices of Sidley Austin LLP, where she represented debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings.
Professor Van Vactor’s scholarship interests include lawyering pedagogy, civil procedure, federal courts, and sovereign immunity.
Specialty Areas & Course Descriptions
- BS 2001, Santa Clara University
- JD 2004, New York University School of Law
- Shifting Sands of Claim Accrual: John R. Sand & Gravel, Equitable Tolling, and the Suspension of Accrual in Tucker Act Cases, 62 How. L. Rev. 411 (2019).
- Helping Students Implement Legal Writing Conventions: the Importance of Providing Concrete Strategies for Precise and Concise Writing, The Second Draft, spring 2015