February 28th, 2020
- 5:30pm: Family Law Society Happy Hour - Friday, February 28
Family Law Society Happy Hour
Friday, February 28, Jackknife, 5:30-7:30 pm
Join the Family Law Society for a happy hour (or two) at Jackknife in downtown Portland! (614 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205). This event will provide interested students with an opportunity to network with local practicing family law attorneys in a casual setting, and discuss some of the current family law issues that they address in daily practice. Delicious appetizers provided.
November 11th, 2019
- 12:10pm: Juvenile Justice Panel Join PILP and Family Law Society to celebrate Public Interest Law Week. Attorneys practicing in juvenile and family law, as well as a judge and the Director of the OregonYouth Authority will discuss current issues in juvenile law. Ice cream will be served thanks to New Avenues for Youth!
November 5th, 2019
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm: Kim Stafford
Oregon’s Poet Laureate Kim Stafford
Author Kim Stafford, Oregon’s Poet Laureate and Director of the Northwest Writing Institute, will lead a conversation on language, story, truth, and generosity. Come join the Family Law Society and the Educational Law Society as we work toward gaining what is needed to be not just good lawyers, but great advocates as well.
The problems of our time are political, ecological, economic—but the solutions are cultural. How do people speak their truth? How do we listen eloquently? If communication is the fundamental alternative to violence and injustice, what is the work of each voice among us?
Lunch will be provided.
September 26th, 2019
- 5:30pm: Family Law HAPPY! Hour at Punch Bowl Social Come network, mingle, socialize and just have fun with the Lewis & Clark Family Law Society and local attorneys and professionals involved in the field.
November 19th, 2014
- 5:30pm: “Paths to Family Law Careers” - Prosecution Panel Second part in the four part series on Paths to Family Law Careers. Panelists will be discussing Family Law careers in government jobs.