Take Advantage of Conference Early Bird Rates
March 21, 2017
Join us in Portland, Oregon this May 11-12th for our Crime Victim Law Conference. This year’s Conference, themed No Voice, No Justice: Time to Get Loud, features plenary sessions, breakout sessions and roundtable discussions addressing a wide range of topics of critical importance to the victims’ rights community.
- Bob Marriott and Attorney Rus Rilee will discuss the fight for post-trial privacy for Bob’s daughter as they share the story of fighting for rape shield protections before the New Hampshire Supreme Court
Select Breakouts Include:
- Taking Action: Assisting Victims of Financial Fraud
- The Triple-C Impact: Responding to Childhood Exposure to Crime and Violence
- Creating a Vicarious Trauma-Informed Organization
- Teaching and Training Special Victim Counsel: Representing Adult and Child Victims of Sexual Assault in the Military
- Mandatory Restitution for Victims of Trafficking
- Centering the Margins: An Intersectional Approach to Addressing Campus Sexual Assault
Due to increased demand, the Conference will be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon. We look forward to seeing you at our new, larger venue!
Conference Discounts: Save $50.00 if you are traveling from across the country or are a NAVRA Enhanced Member. Visit our Registration Page for more details.
Survivor Scholarships: Thanks to funding from generous donors, NCVLI is pleased to offer tuition scholarships to eligible survivors to attend the 2017 Crime Victim LawConference. Apply by March 31.
Law Student Writing Competition: Law students are invited to submit an original paper or abstract analyzing the legal rights of crime victims. Winners receive a monetary prize and selected papers are eligible for presentation at the Conference. Apply by March 31.