Law School Profile
Law School Enrollment: approximately 600
Student/Faculty Ratio: 10 to 1
Fall 2017 Entering Class Profile
(Data current as of Orientation Day, August 11, 2017)
First Year Class Enrollment: 173
|Out of State||58%||Ethnic Minorities||23%|
|States Represented (and DC)||18|
LSAT/UGPA percentiles are calculated by the Law School Admission Council based on matriculant lists provided by Lewis & Clark Law School to the ABA.
|% receiving financial aid and/or scholarships or grants||99%|
All candidates are automatically considered for all merit scholarships when evaluated for admission. No separate application is necessary.
Six miles south of downtown Portland, bordered by 645-acre Tryon Creek State Park. About 10-12 minutes drive from downtown via our free campus shuttle, the Pioneer Express.
|October 1||Applications begin to be accepted and optional interviews begin|
|November||Application review begins|
|December||First decisions sent|
|February 15||Deadline to file for Federal Financial aid (FAFSA)|
|March 15||Application priority deadline (applications may still be accepted after this date)|
Admission is on a rolling basis. Our first decisions are sent in December.
We encourage you to apply in advance of our application deadline as review of files begins long before then. We recommend you take the LSAT by December of the year before you intend to matriculate. Highly qualified applicants from the February test may be considered, but competition becomes greater the later one applies.
- Animal Law
- Business, Commercial Transactions
- Criminal Law
- Environmental, Natural Resources, and Energy Law
- International Law
- Indian Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Public Interest Law
- Tax Law
- Animal Law Clinic
- Business Law Practicum: Community Development
- Criminal Justice Reform Clinic
- International Environmental Law Project
- Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
- National Crime Victim Law Institute - Crime Victims Litigation Clinic
- Earthrise Law Center
- Small Business Legal Clinic
- Various internship and externship opportunities
- Bar pass data can be found on the law school’s ABA Standard 509 Report.
- Employment breakdown and further placement information can be found on the ABA Standard 509 Report as well as our Career Professional & Development Center website.
Contact us for more information:
Office of Admissions
Lewis & Clark Law School
10015 S.W. Terwilliger Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97219-7799