Reciprocity allows students and graduates access the Career Services Office of other law schools.
Lewis & Clark Students and Graduates
Access to Other Law Schools.
The Career & Professional Development Center has reciprocal agreements with the Career Services Offices at many other ABA-accredited law schools around the country. To access another school’s Career Services Office, our office must contact the other school on your behalf. Reciprocity policies vary from school to school, so it is important to check in with the Career Services Office at least two weeks prior to your visiting, so you are clear about the particular school’s policy, and so we can write you the necessary letter of introduction. Most schools do not allow reciprocity from August 1 through November 30.
Lewis & Clark Students have automatic reciprocity with the schools in the NW Consortium (Arizona State, Brigham Young University, Gonzaga, Seattle University, University of Arizona, University of Idaho, University of Oregon, University of Utah, University of Washington, and Willamette). Contact us in the Career & Professional Development Center for password information.
Non-Lewis & Clark Students and Graduates
Access to our Postings and Reciprocity Policy.
Students and graduates of Northwest Consortium Schools (Arizona State, Brigham Young University, Gonzaga, Seattle University, University of Arizona, University of Idaho, University of Oregon, University of Utah, University of Washington, and Willamette) receive free access to our job postings. Contact the Career Services Office at your school for login information.
Students and graduates from all other law schools may access our job postings by subscription only. The cost is $30.00 for six months.
How to request the use of our office and what services are available.
- Our facilities are available to all students and graduates from other ABA accredited law schools that permit our students and graduates the same opportunity. There is no limit on the number of referrals our office will take from a single school except that in the case of schools that permit reciprocity only on a one-to-one basis, we will limit the number of referrals in the same manner.
- A request for reciprocity and a letter of introduction (please include name, address and/or e-mail address, phone number and year of student or graduate) must be received by Career Services prior to the first visit. Requests will be accepted by mail, e-mail or by fax (503/768-6729). Absolutely no walk-in requests will be honored. The request is good for three months from the date of the original request.
- Our services and facilities are not available to students and graduates from other law schools from August 1 through November 30.
- When our facilities are available, we provide only the following services: In-office use of resource and reference materials in Resource Library. Our on-line job postings are password protected and are available by subscription. The cost is $30.00 for six months.
- When responding to notices found in the CPDC, applicants are required to state in their cover letters to employers that they obtained the listing through a reciprocal agreement between applicant’s school and Lewis and Clark Law School.
- The following services are not available to students and graduates from other law schools: Career counseling, resume review, ad hoc referral service, “blind ad” and general postings wherein resume collection is through the CPDC, check-out of resource materials and use of office equipment. On-campus interviews are not available to student and graduates from other law schools.
The Career & Professional Development Center reserves the right to deny reciprocity to individuals who misuse our facilities or do not comply with college policies. Please direct requests for reciprocity to:
Career & Professional Development Center
Lewis & Clark Law School
10015 SW Terwilliger Blvd.
Portland, OR 97219
Phone: (503) 768-6608
Fax: (503) 768-6729