- Cleaning up and cooling down waterways
- Preparing tomorrow’s advocates to defend our natural heritage
- Tackling the causes and impacts of global warming
- Preserving our natural heritage
- Fighting for clean air
- Protecting and restoring wildlife and habitat
An Indiana Federal District Court Court granted Earthrise’s motion and accepted our amicus curiae (“friend of the court”) brief, filed on behalf of National Parks Conservation Association, which urges the Court to reject a consent decree between the government and U.S. Steel until it was strengthened to account for past and future natural resource damages to the Park and contained a sufficient penalty to deter U.S. Steel from future Clean Water Act violations. In doing so, the judge stated allowing the brief would “provide a unique, helpful perspective for the Court to consider” when deciding whether or not to accept the decree.
Follow the link to apply through workday. Deadline: 5:00 pm Friday, January 8, 2021.