Writing clearly is a fundamental skill for any successful lawyer. A lawyer’s primary goal is communicating effectively; a lawyer most often communicates through writing.
The Law School Writing Center gives students the opportunity in a low-stakes and confidential setting to develop essential writing skills and strategies needed in classes and practice.
The Writing Specialist and Senior Teaching Fellow provide a wide variety of services in one-on-one meetings with students:
- Assessment of student writing to determine an individual student’s problem areas;
- Instruction regarding problems with style, organization, grammar, or punctuation;
- Assistance with outlining, drafting, revising, and editing writing assignments for first year and upper division courses;
- Creation of effective writing samples for job applications; and
- Strategies for ESL students.
To schedule an appointment or request additional information, please e-mail email@example.com.
The services of the Law School Writing Center are available to all Law School students.