Writing clearly is a fundamental skill for any successful lawyer. A lawyer’s primary goal is communicating effectively; a lawyer most often communicates through writing.
The Law School Writing Center gives students the opportunity in a low-stakes and confidential setting to develop essential writing skills and strategies needed in classes and practice.
The Writing Specialist and Senior Teaching Fellow provide a wide variety of services in one-on-one meetings with students:
- Assessment of student writing to determine an individual student’s areas in need of improvement;
- Instruction regarding problems with style, organization, grammar, or punctuation;
- Assistance with outlining, drafting, revising, and editing writing assignments for first year and upper division courses;
- Creation of effective writing samples for job applications; and
- Strategies for ESL students.
To schedule an appointment with the Writing Center, please use our new scheduling system! https://lawlib.lclark.
To request additional information, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Writing Specialist also leads workshops throughout the academic year on topics such as completing the Capstone through independent research, using the Bluebook productively, and avoiding writer’s block. Check out our Upcoming Events page to see what workshops are on the calendar. If there is a topic that you would like to see featured at a workshop, please let us know!
The Writing Specialist and Senior Teaching Fellow also are available to visit classes to provide general instruction or information targeting specific types of writing relevant to the focus of the course. If you are an instructor who would like to coordinate an in-class presentation, please let us know!
The services of the Law School Writing Center are available to all Law School students.