Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Established in 2007 as the Diversity Working Group, the Law School’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee is charged with fostering an environment that supports the success and inclusion of faculty, staff, and students from groups that have experienced systematic, societal discrimination. The committee supports the law school’s commitment as a professional school to developing the cultural competency of our campus community and to promote equitable access to justice and to the profession.
The committee evaluates goals at the beginning of each academic year and has set many important initiatives in motion ranging from faculty and staff training sessions, film screenings, resource development, collaboration with student groups, policy development, and recommendations, incident response, climate surveys, and more.
Membership changes from year to year. The 2021/2022 members are:
- Professor Tom Buchele, Committee Chair
- Professor Meg Garvin
- Professor Susan Maniberg
- Professor Raj Reddy
- Associate Dean Libby Davis
- Alyssa Warren Salstrom, Assistant Director of Student Affairs
- Lydia Ruiz-Hom, Faculty Legal Assistant
- Desiree Staeffler-Marchbanks, Victims’ Rights Fellow
- Reggie Raiford, Law Facilities Maintenance
- Jemila Mohamed, Student Representative
- Rico Vinh, Student Representative
- Sonya Jindal, Vice President, SBA Equity & Inclusion