Information for Students
Wood Hall, Boley Law Library and the Legal Research Center have several desktop computers available for student use only. The law school supports wireless network connections for personal laptops in most of the buildings and classrooms around the campus for student use. The Computer Lab in Wood Hall is available for students who need to use a desktop computer for anything school related reason. The Law School provides a limited number of free printing copies per student. That amount is announced at the beginning of Orientation.
Find out more about Technology at the Law School.
Computer Lab Help Desk
All Students should have received an email from the Law School on how to set up their email accounts before the start of school.
What the HELP DESK supports:
1) Wireless connection support to “LC SECURE” – (see instructions below)
2) Installation of the Law School’s 3 student printers - (see lab assistant)
3) Help if needed installing LC free virus software - (see web link below)
4) PCounter support- (see below)
5) Exam Software support – (information will be sent via email around exam time)
What the Help Desk DOES NOT support:
1) Virus/Spyware clean up. If you have a virus/spyware infected computer, we suggest you try the following:
b) Some options are to take your computer to one of the following for virus/spyware removal:
1.) Old Town Computers (503) 432-9157 http://www.otcpdx.com/location.php
2.) Speedy Geeks (503) 757-5452 http://www.thespeedygeeks.com/
3.) Best Buy or Office Depot or an Apple Store
2) Hard ware issues; the Help Desk does not repair hardware issues
3) Software issues; the Help Desk does not repair most software issues, but, if time allows, we will try to work with you on certain software issues regarding Word Processing software & web browser issues that are needed for law school classroom/homework.
BEFORE arriving at the HELP DESK, do the following FIRST:
1) Operating System Updates: Install all Microsoft Windows or Apple updates available for your system.
2) Antivirus Software: Update your anti-virus software. If you need virus software, it can be downloaded for free from the following link (you must use your LC Email username and Password to download, be sure to select the correct version for your operating system): http://www.lclark.edu/information_technology/security/symantec/ (Note: some virus software will not work with our wireless gate and you will be required to switch to ours while a student)
3) Wireless: When on campus, turn on your wireless card and connect to LC SECURE. Open your web browser. You can then log in with your LC Email username and password. Windows Users: You will be prompted/redirected to download “SAFE CONNECT.” YOU MUST INSTALL THIS to use LC SECURE. Cisco Clean A will run a check on your computer to see if you are current on your Windows Updates and Virus software. If you have problems or questions please see the Lab Help Desk.
Printing on the Lab/Student Printers with PCOUNTER
In the interest of sustainability and conservation of resources, students are permitted 1000 free printed pages per calendar year. Printing is controlled by “Pcounter,” a server application that tracks individual student printing use. After a lab assistant helps you install the 3 student printers you are now ready to print at the law school. The printers are located in the Student Computer Lab, the Boley stacks, and the Wood Hall 1st floor student study area.
Want to print your document?
1. Click: File > Print > Select the printer that you want to print to (i.e. Boley, Lab, Wood Hall)
2. Click: Print
3. Open your web browser
4. Go to: http://lawprint.lclark.edu/pcounter (bookmark this website in your browser toolbar)
5. Mark the check box next to the documents you want to print
6. Enter your username and password (the same one you use to log on to the internet)
7. Click print and go pick up your document … HOORAY!
If your document does not print ask the student lab assistant to release your print job; if the document doesn’t print, you haven’t been charged yet. To check your balance visit http://lawprint/balance/
Westlaw & LexisNexis
For LexisNexis or Westlaw questions and issues, please contact the following representatives:
Megan McCombs Hays, Esq.
Account Executive Law School
Lexis Student Reps:
Set up your e-mail account here.