Upcoming Events for ISG
September 18th, 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: ISG General Meeting 2020 We will discuss open ISG board positions, the BorderX program, virtual asylum clinics, and more!
September 11th, 2020
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm: Virtual Student Organization Fair Day 3 Join the student organizations of Lewis & Clark Law School for drop in Zoom rooms where you can ask questions, learn about student orgs, and sign up!
September 10th, 2020
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm: Virtual Student Organization Fair Day 2 Join the student organizations of Lewis & Clark Law School for drop in Zoom rooms where you can ask questions, learn about student orgs, and sign up!
September 9th, 2020
- 5:30pm - 6:30pm: Virtual Student Organization Fair Day 1 Join the student organizations of Lewis & Clark Law School for drop in Zoom rooms where you can ask questions, learn about student orgs, and sign up!
November 8th, 2018
- 12:10pm: Immigration-related careers panel
September 11th, 2018
- 6:00pm - 9:30pm: RACE TALKS: Responding to Current Federal Immigration Policy
March 18th, 2017
- 10:00am - 12:00pm: Executive Experimentation: Oregon’s Response to Ordering Constitutionally-Risky Immigration Action Scholars and activists will analyze the recent Executive Orders on Immigration, their impact on Oregon, and how Oregon can respond. The event is free to the public. Parking is limited. Registration is required. To register, go to: innovationlawlab.org/register
March 16th, 2017
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: The Trouble with Trump’s Wall Thursday, March 16th in Room 3.
Join ISG, ACS, SIEL, NALSA as Professors Stumpf, Rohlf, and Dossett discuss how Trump’s proposed border wall will affect immigrants, tribal lands, animals, and the environment. Lunch provided with vegan options. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 9th, 2017
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch Discussion with Oregon Attorney General - Ellen Rosenblum This will be an opportunity where students can engage in an informal discussion with Oregon’s chief legal advisor, Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum. Attorney General Rosenblum will discuss the details of her position, the path which she took to get to where she is today and how her position interacts with the Governor’s Office and other aspects of the administration. There will also be a Q&A for students to ask questions.
March 8th, 2017
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: International Women’s Day Panel
WLC and If/When/How’s International Women’s Day Panel
Wednesday March 8th at 12:10pm, Room 1
Join Women’s Law Caucus and If/When/How in celebrating International Women’s Day on Wednesday, March 8th for a lunch panel of female law professors and faculty. The panel will be sharing personal stories of the women in their lives who have most affected and inspired them. Also we’ll feed you!
February 1st, 2017
- 5:30pm: Tackling the Racial & Ethnic Disparity In this informational panel, come hear from Multnomah County DA Rod Underhill, Portland Police Chief Mike Marshman, and Multnomah County Sheriff Mike Reese about the policy changes they’ve made using data from the Racial and Ethnic Disparities (RED) report. Event is open to the public. Questions? Contact Sarah Fine at email@example.com.
January 25th, 2017
- 12:10pm - 1:10pm: Immigration Student Group General Meeting
Room 4, Wednesday, January 25th 12:10-1:00pm
Join ISG for our first general meeting of the semester, which will also serve as an informational session for those interested in volunteering at the Family Detention Center in Dilley, TX over spring break and other volunteer opportunities. Lunch provided, with vegan options!
October 4th, 2016
- 12:10pm: Baby Jail: The Secret Prison System Join the Immigration Student Group and guest speaker Ian Philabaum, former Project Manager of the CARA Pro Bono Project, to learn about the incarceration of women and children in private prisons across the country. Hear about his work helping thousands of refugees inside our country’s largest detention center and how you can help!
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Virtual Citizenship Day | September 11, 2020
Sign up to volunteer for Virtual Citizenship Day with SOAR Immigration Legal Services here. There will be a training for volunteers at 3:00 on Wednesday, September 9 before Virtual Citizenship Day on Friday, September 11.