Small Business Legal Clinic
The Small Business Legal Clinic (SBLC) provides business transactional legal services to low-income small business owners.
The SBLC has moved to a new space!Read the story
Now located along the MAX Corridor and directly across the Fifth Avenue Food Cart Pod, this move marks an exciting new chapter for our SBLC and LITC communities. The move was truly a team effort. From finding the place to designing its interior, each committee weighed in to create the space we have today. When you come visit, you may notice that our office now has a kitchen where everyone could gather and connect with one another. And for our law students, we now have an open-floor workspace, synergistic to our interactive environment. We look forward to sharing this space with everyone for many years to come.
Please stop by and visit. Our address is 333 SW 5th Ave., Suite 400, Portland OR 97204
- Founded in 1997 by Hoa and Linda Lam, the family-owned Professional Auto Body & Paint Inc. has been in operation for over 20 years. When Hoa and Linda retired in 2018, they passed down their business to their son, Anthony Lam, and his partner, Nancy Le. Starting a new chapter for an inherited business is no small feat, especially when faced with the challenges and uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic.Read the story
- Sinister Coffee & Creamery, LLC is an online business with a spooky theme selling coffee beans and ice cream. Kelly and Michelle Kaliher began their business in 2018, making “paranormal-themed coffees [that] are small batch roasted to ensure your experience delivers spooky good flavors with every brew.” While Sinister Coffee & Creamery is mostly conducted online, you can find them at the PSU Saturday Farmers’ Market. They were able to secure a booth at the farmers’ market after only a year of operations, which is a remarkable feat since many businesses are only accepted at the market after 5 years of operation.Read the story
The SBLC is operating normal hours and providing all services.
In person and virtual meetings are available. If we do not answer the phone, please leave a message. Messages will be checked frequently.
SBLC Transactional Legal Services
- Entity Selection and Formation
- Intellectual Property
- Regulatory Compliance
- Contract Review and Drafting
- Employment Law Counseling
- Lease Review