Be the Change
July 23, 2013
Harnessing the energy of each of us, we can make victims’ rights more than words. If each us takes one action, our combined efforts will make the difference for victims. Don’t wait for someday …
Take one action today to make victims’ rights a reality.
Make a one time or recurring donation to NCVLI.
- Every dollar counts in the fight for victims’ rights. Every donation will be used to honor all victims of crime. Visit our donation page to make a secure online donation or you can mail your donation to:
310 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 540
Portland, OR 97204
Be a catalyst - set up an online fundraiser for victims’ rights – It’s easy.
- Turn your community into agents of change. Do you have birthday or significant day coming soon? Do you have family or a group of friends or co-workers you can challenge to donate? It only takes a few minutes to set up a new fundraiser.
Run, walk, or stroll to raise money for victims of crime.
- Join Team Running for Rights on November 16, 2013 in Portland. NCVLI will receive $10 of your entry fee and the team with the most entries will receive an additional donation of $250. Choose from 5K and 10K, timed and untimed races. There is even a free half-mile fun run for the kids. Visit our team website to find out more.
Donate your time and expertise to help a victim in the justice system.
- Become a member of NAVRA, our network of victims’ rights attorneys and advocates. Victims often need a range of legal and non-legal services. If you are an attorney, take a case. Even if you are not an attorney, your expertise and skills may be needed to strengthen a case.
Join us online.
- “Like” us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter @NCVLI. Connect with us on LinkedIn and invite your friends to Join the Movement.
- Thank you to everyone who participated in NCVLI’s Online Auction to support crime victims, open August 5th-18th to kick off the Be the Change campaign. The Auction is now closed but stay tuned for future auctions and NCVLI merchandise sales to support crime victims!
NCVLI relies on your support and victims rely on NCVLI. In the words of one donor, “I think that for anyone out there who themselves feels courageous enough to help others in true need, to really make a difference in this world, then time, energy and financial resources committed to NCVLI and the crime victim movement is a sure fire way to contribute in a way that will make the world a better place for victims of crime. It matters.”