Summer Clerkship Applications Now Being Accepted
November 16, 2016
The Tomorrow’s Advocates program enables select Lewis & Clark law students to clerk for 10 weeks during the summer months as externs or paid interns. The program provides substantial benefits to students, Earthrise, and its clients:
- Students working with Earthrise during the summer gain significant experience in public interest environmental litigation and advocacy though concentrated training and mentoring, client interaction, and intensive legal research and drafting.
- Without full-time summer clerks, Earthrise would not be able to offer the excellent year-round legal representation our clients expect.
- The environmental community benefits from increasing the pool of law school graduates with substantial real-world experience and training. Earthrise students and externs are tomorrow’s advocates for our natural heritage. Many Earthrise alumni now lead the charge in working to preserve and protect the environment as attorneys in public interest, government, and private practice.
What students get out of the clerkship:
- In-Depth, hands-on litigation experience for 10 weeks
- Summer interns will earn $15/hr while externs also earn $15/hr and can receive academic credit
- Flexible work hours
- Fun and interesting themed potlucks on the deck with other faculty and visiting alumni
- Basking in Oregon’s gorgeous summers
- Placement at Earthrise’s Boston or San Francisco office may also be possible
The deadline for 2L’s to apply for Summer 2017 clerkships is 5 pm on December 2, 2016. (Must already have completed 32 credits)
The deadline for 1L’s to apply for Summer 2017 clerkships is January 27, 2017
**Before applying, please read this announcement with application requirements and details.**
To apply, send these items to Tom Buchele at email@example.com in PDF format, preferably all in one PDF.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- Completed conflicts form