Animal Law Suite Pet Policy
Want the company of your companion on campus? We do, too. But before you bring Fido or Kitty into the office, be sure to check out our pet policy first.
Animal Law Suite Pet Policy:
1. No more than one animal is allowed in the suite at any time without express permission from the ALR EIC(s) or SALDF Co-Director(s).
2. After 4:00pm, board members of either ALR or SALDF may leave their animals unattended for a maximum of ninety minutes, locked in their board member office (not the main area of the Animal Law Suite).
3. All others may not leave their animals unattended at any time without express permission from the ALR EIC(s) or SALDF Co-Director(s).
4. Animal waste may not be placed in indoor garbage containers. Use only outdoor garbage containers.
5. Cleaning up after your animal is your responsibility.
6. Not all animals are suitable to be brought into the suite. Use your best judgment when deciding whether or not to bring your animal into the suite. If an animal presents a problem, please first try to resolve the issue with the animal’s human companion directly. If this fails to resolve the issue, submit a written complaint to the ALR EIC(s) or SALDF Co-Director(s). Upon receipt of a complaint, the ALR EIC(s) and SALDF Co-Director(s) will give the animal’s human companion the opportunity to respond, and will then make a decision on responsive measures, up to and including forbidding the animal from returning to the suite.
7. If you are a member of ALR or SALDF and are interested in bringing your animal to the suite, you may do so by accessing the suite’s Animal Calendar.
8. Time slots on the Animal Calendar are made available first to board members of ALR and SALDF at the beginning of each semester. At that time, board members may sign up for recurring scheduled time slots for the semester. Board members are encouraged to work with each other to find a mutually satisfactory schedule. Any calendar disputes will be resolved by the ALR EIC(s) and SALDF Co-Director(s).
9. All remaining time slots are then made available to non-board members of ALR and SALDF on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, non-board members may not sign up for a time slot more than one week in advance and for no more than eight hours at a time without express permission from the ALR EIC(s) and SALDF Co-Director(s).
10. Be considerate of others when signing up for time slots. Excessive requests for time slots may be denied by decision of the ALR EIC(s) and SALDF Co-Director(s).
11. When ALR and SALDF make a decision regarding the suite’s animal policy, the ALR EIC(s) and SALDF Director shall resolve the matter via vote. In this vote, the ALR EIC(s) shall have one vote and the SALDF Director shall have one vote. If either the EIC or Director positions are split in co-positions, that organization’s single vote will be split between that organization’s co-leads.
How to Sign Up:
Use your L&C email account to access the Pet Calendar, select the month from the tabs below, choose a day, and type your name and the hours you’d like to have your pet in the office.