Global Law Alliance for Animals and the Environment Home
Global Law Alliance for Animals and the Environment (the Global Law Alliance) is a champion for wild animals and wild spaces across the globe, working to protect animals and the environment through the development, implementation, and enforcement of international law. Law students (JD and LLM) actively participate in the work through two clinics within the Global Law Alliance.
- Working with clients who share our mission
- Forming partnerships with governments and international institutions to develop, implement, and enforce international law
- Training students to advocate for wild animals and the environment
- Influencing international animal and environmental related policy through hands-on, ground-level expertise and involvement
- Providing on-the-ground prosecutor and judicial trainings to stop wild animal exploitation
- Developing and disseminating scholarship on CITES compliance, international enforcement, and more.
The range of animals the Global Law Alliance works to protect is broad, from the world’s most-trafficked mammal, the pangolin, to iconic species such as lions and elephants, to small but equally important animals like lizards, frogs, and butterflies.