Animal Experimentation: Current Welfare Policy, Socio-Legal Implications, and Avenues for Reform
Friday, February 17, 2017
10:00 - 4:30
We are pleased to announce the 6th Annual Animal Law Review Symposium! This year’s Symposium features some of the leading voices in the law of animal experimentation. Topics include the Practice of Biomedical Research; Frontiers in Chemical Testing; Litigation & the Retiring of Research Animals; Ethical & Moral Implications; and more. We look forward to publishing the original scholarship written by this year’s presenters in Animal Law, Volume 24.
Our Speakers Include:
- Sarah Baeckler Davis, President and CEO of Project Chimps
- Ryan Gordon, General Counsel for the Beagle Freedom Project and ARME (Animal Rescue, Media & Education), and Associate Attorney for Radcliffe & Saiki law firm
- Jeff Brown, Biologics Research Associate for Regulatory Testing at PETA
- Kathy Hessler, Clinical Professor of Law and Animal Law Clinic Director at Lewis & Clark Law School
- Russ Mead, Adjunct Professor at Lewis & Clark Law School, Attorney for Allen & Mead law firm, and General Counsel of the Animal Law Coalition
- Kristie Sullivan, Vice President of Research Policy with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- A Panel of Speakers from OHSU
Those attending the Symposium will also be treated to a catered vegan lunch, with a reception to follow the event.