Joyce Ann Harpole Awards
Joyce Ann Harpole ’79 exemplified professionalism, delight for life and the balance between her legal career, family, friends, and community. Each year, her life is celebrated with the Harpole Reception and Awards.
2019 winners Nancy Murray ’90 (attorney) and Cole Killion ’20 (scholarship)
In celebration of the life of Joyce Ann Harpole, the Harpole Attorney Award recognizes lawyers who work quietly in pursuit of justice while maintaining a sense of balance between their legal career and their personal life that distinguishes them within the legal community.
Attorneys are invited each fall to nominate a colleague who reflects these traits by meeting the following criteria:
- Delight for life, with a clearly lived balance between career, family, and community;
- Well-prepared, vigorous advocacy, with commitment to fairness and just results;
- Positive community involvement;
- Diligence in all aspects of life;
- Overall personal and professional integrity; and
- Membership in the Oregon State Bar
Nominees and nominators need not be Lewis & Clark Law School Alumni. Submissions must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, October 1, 2018.The submission period for this form has now ended.