Harpole Attorney Award
In celebration of the life of Joyce Ann Harpole, the Harpole Attorney Award recognizes lawyers who work quietly in pursuit of justice while maintaining a sense of balance between their legal career and their personal life that distinguishes them within the legal community.
Harpole’s eulogy in 1994 describes her life and her impact on others and provides more context for the spirit of this award.
Attorneys are invited each fall to nominate a colleague who reflects these traits by meeting the following criteria:
- Delight for life, with a clearly lived balance between career, family, and community;
- Well-prepared, vigorous advocacy, with commitment to fairness and just results;
- Positive community involvement;
- Diligence in all aspects of life;
- Overall personal and professional integrity; and
- Membership in the Oregon State Bar
Nominations should be thorough and complete. Poorly written submissions will not pass the initial screening. Nominees need not be Lewis & Clark Law School Alumni.
The nomination is currently closed. Please check back in early Fall when the nomination process opens.