Harpole Attorney Award
In celebration of the life of Joyce Ann Harpole, the Harpole Attorney Award recognizes lawyers who work quietly in pursuit of justice while maintaining a sense of balance between their legal career and their personal life that distinguishes them within the legal community.
Attorneys are invited each fall to nominate a colleague who reflects these traits by meeting the following criteria:
- Delight for life, with a clearly lived balance between career, family, and community;
- Well-prepared, vigorous advocacy, with commitment to fairness and just results;
- Positive community involvement;
- Diligence in all aspects of life;
- Overall personal and professional integrity; and
- Membership in the Oregon State Bar
Nominations should be thorough and complete. Poorly written submissions will not pass the initial screening. Nominees need not be Lewis & Clark Law School Alumni.